You can setup Smart Defrag to continually defragment your computer throughout the day, and even do so while it’s rebooting.
Note: This review is of Smart Defrag version 188.8.131.529.
More About Smart Defrag
- Smart Defrag works with the following operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- Supports running and scheduling a defrag during a reboot
- Moves commonly used files to faster parts of the disk for quicker access
- Option to replace the default Windows Disk Defragmenter program
- A portable version of Smart Defrag can be found at PortableApps
- When a defrag completes, Smart Defrag shows a detailed report of every file that was defragmented
I have personally used Smart Defrag on many of my personal devices for years. It is nice to have a more graphical interface when defragmenting my hard drives. With the addition of Solid State Drives to my computer inventory, Smart Defrag handles performance improvements on SSDs well. The price tag for a Pro version varies at IOBit’s site. Sometimes they offer deals as low as $4.99 for a Pro upgrade.