We’re seeking a remote IT manager to help lead our company to the next level of growth, improve our OPs and KPIs, guide our techs, liaise with our clients, and assist with other high-level responsibilities.
You’re an ideal candidate if you’ve served as an MSP senior team lead, IT manager, IT director, previous MSP owner/principal, vCIO, or other MSP leadership position. Ideally you’ve worked at a larger MSP, know the MSP industry inside and out, and would be passionate about growing our MSP to its greater potential. Moreover, you’re mature, senior-level, and seasoned in the managed services industry.
We’re a small, tight-knit group of technicians who have been with the company for many years. Our current stack includes Connectwise, Continuum, IT Glue, BrightGauge, SentinelOne, Umbrella, Addigy, Datto BDRs/SaaS protection, Agent ID, Meraki, and other solutions. It doesn’t matter which time zone you’re in. However, as we are on the west coast, availability during 8AM to 5PM Pacific Time would be preferred.
Your principal responsibilities will include:
- Providing IT and business guidance to our techs
- Serving as vCIO and conducting TBRs
- Vetting and recommending solutions to both better serve our existing clients and gain new business
- Serving as technical and business escalation for our technicians
- Attending sales calls and assisting with proposals
- Helping us refine our cybersecurity offerings
Optimally your skill set may include:
- Current knowledge of all things Azure/Intune/365
- Familiarity with both Windows and Macs
- Familiarity with Google Workspace
- Experience with PSA (Connectwise preferred) and RMM solutions
- Familiarity with the latest cybersecurity solutions
- Solutions engineer or sales engineer experience
- Experience in both tech and client facing roles
- An optimistic, friendly, charismatic, and outgoing manner
- Strong leadership skills and a commanding presence
- A passion for technology and business
We realize that the above requirements cover a broad range of skills, experience, and typical job titles. But, please keep in mind, we’re a very small organization. If wearing multiple hats is not your desire this position may not be a good match.
Let’s talk about the position, what is needed, and what you bring to the table. We can then fine-tune the salary. This is not a high-pressure environment – quite the opposite. Our OPs and systems are fine and our clients are happy and running smoothly. We simply need the guidance and experience of someone from a larger MSP to help us refine our operations and offerings to get to where we want to be.